Page Count : 262 pages
- I love to read. There are so many fantastic authors out there. But if I had to choose just some of my favourite books, it would have to be:
The Picture of Dorian Gray – Oscar Wilde
The Woman in Black – Susan Hill
Ghosts of Sleath – James Herbert
The Shining – Stephen King
Eragon – Christopher Paolini
4) I’m currently reading Slade house by David Mitchell
Buy on Amazon
Uncover the truth, Journeying back to a forgotten time. With a plot full of secrets and suspicion that will leave you longing for answers.
8) I’m very keen on genealogy research. I try and travel as much as I can for research.
You can connect with Matt at Facebook, Twitter or Instagram
2) I’m very passionate about adventure. I love wild camping and hiking.
6) I stay away from caffeine. Nothing beats decaf tea, right?
Add to Goodreads
After accepting a generous opportunity to start afresh, Leslie Wills, a young man from Stoke-on-Trent, eagerly begins his long-distance journey to the Scottish Highlands of Elphin, a settled village that sits huddled amongst the dominating mountains. Its people are welcoming, and the beauty of the land is great. But deep within its Highland paths, a location rests hidden from the public’s eye. A location that entices you to learn the truth of its troubled past. But once you bear witness to its sights and sounds, its presences will never allow you to forget.
About the Author
10) I am a father of two children ages 6 & 8
3) I hate Football… I mean really hate it! Actually, is there a stronger word I can use?
My thanks to Zoe at Zooloo’s Book Tours for the invitation to take part in the blog tour for Echoes of Home which is a fabulous sounding book. I couldn’t fit it into my reading schedule but am pleased to welcome the author Matt Rayner to the blog today. He’s sharing #TenThings he’d like his readers to know about him.
9) I have worked for the ambulance service for 13 years
Born and bred in the county of Staffordshire. Matt is a keen reader of classical, horror and fantasy literature and enjoys writing in the style of traditional ghost stories. During his working life, Matt joined the ambulance service in 2009, transporting critically ill patients all over the UK. After writing his first novel, Matt was welcomed into the family of Question Mark Press publishing and now dedicates his time on future releases. His hobbies include genealogy and hiking, and he enjoys spending time with his wife, Emma, his children, and his family.
Published January 1st 2021 by Question Mark Press
5) I play the guitar…. whenever I get the chance.
From the back of the book
7) My writing process can only begin once the house is quiet. Usually 11pm – 2am