Combining all of the hallmarks that have made Liane Moriarty’s writing a go-to for anyone looking for wickedly smart, page-turning fiction that will make you laugh and gasp, Nine Perfect Strangers once again shows why she is a master of her craft.
* I like the plot but I liked the characters more.
These nine perfect strangers are about to find out…
* Some reviews I’ve read said this isn’t Liane’s best book but it’s the first I’ve read of hers and I really enjoyed It. So if I can take anything from those reviews it’s that I would probably enjoy the other books too.
* Nine very different characters end up at a retreat. They are in for a very different kind of ” retreat”.
I chose Nine Perfect Strangers in a book swap in my work place quite a long time ago. I was attracted to the front cover and the description. Since I got the book, I watched Big Litle Lies. ( written by the same author). I loved this series starring Reece Witherspoon and Nicole Kidman and it also allowed this book a bit closer to my ‘ to be read ‘. I am very excited to see the film of this book now , and hope it will live up to the excellence of the book. Here are my thoughts.
* All the characters are a little eccentric or at least have something about them. I liked all the characters but my favourite was the older lady who before arriving had a funny little meltdown in her car. I can totally imagine this and it made me warm to her before she even arrived at the retreat. I wanted her to feel better.
I read this book a while ago but never got around to reviewing. So here is my mini bullet point review of Nine Perfect Strangers.
* I was a little confused by the first chapter temporarily then as I read on it made more sense.
* Definitely recommended as a fun summer read.
* The Author uses her imagination to create different chats between each character and how they would react under strained and unusual circumstances. There was a human element to the story and getting to know each character was what I liked.
GoodreadsNine people gather at a remote health resort. Some are here to lose weight, some are here to get a reboot on life, some are here for reasons they can’t even admit to themselves. Amidst all of the luxury and pampering, the mindfulness and meditation, they know these ten days might involve some real work. But none of them could imagine just how challenging the next ten days are going to be.
Could ten days at a health resort really change you forever?
· First published 18 September 2018